Ridge Auto Service was founded by Wilmer Ridge in 1938. He was born in Trevose,
Bucks County, PA in 1911. His younger brother George joined him after graduating from Bensalem High School
in 1938. The first location was on the west side of
Route 1 where the Old Lincoln Drive-in Theater was later built. hublot replica In the year 1941 George was drafted into
the army for one year. hublot replica sale Wilmer was drafted later in 1944 and Ridge Auto Service closed
for the next two years. George fought in the European theatre with the 10th armored
division where he participated in the Battle of the Bulge and liberated 101st Airborne in Bastogne. hublot replica Wilmer remained state-side where he serviced classified military vehicles in Aberdeen,
MD. George and Wilmer were honorably discharged in 1945 and 1946 respectively.
1946 the shop re-opened, this time across the street on the east side of Route 1. At that time they
had formed a partnership
and operated at that location for 19
years until September of 1965, when the garage was bulldozed for the widening of
Route 1. replica watches The two brothers made plans to build at 3036 Mechanicsville Rd and in 1965
opened their doors once again.
In 1976 Georgeís youngest daughter Doris married Dylan Lynn,
who at the time was a shop teacher at Pennridge High School. Dylan joined the partnership
in 1981 and became sole owner of Ridge Auto Service Inc. in 1987. Wilmer died in
1989. Dylan and Dorisís son Bret became a full-time employee in 2000 and George officially retired
after 67 years, in 2005. He passed
away Thursday, April 30th, 2009. He leaves behind his loving wife Helen,
his two daughters, five grand children, and six great grand children. He
will be greatly missed by family, friends, and loyal customers.
GEORGE B. RIDGE